Chiwit Thai

Yamato

Went for a long walk this morning from the hotel to downtown Singapore around the Central Business District

St Andrews Cathedral
img%5D

img%5D

National Gallery (Former Singapore City Hall)
img%5D

0DgCeIS.jpg

Former High Court of Singapore
h4p9oeZ.jpg

Padang (field) in front of the Singapore Cricket Club

IFylxL9.jpg

jCtFREY.jpg

Sir Stamford Raffles founder of modern Singapore
UrmU9fl.jpg

Central Business District

kKiAiMx.jpg

6ZsNwHC.jpg

Clarke Quay

oQuyd24.jpg

dY92MOA.jpg

Parliament House and Supreme Court
6uywJAu.jpg

Fullerton Hotel (former Post Office)
img%5D

hIHfDnO.jpg

Vl2MvA1.jpg

Singapore River and The Esplanade Theatre 
img%5D

Esplanade, Theatres on the Bay
img%5D

Merlion Park and Marina Bay Sands
img%5D

Baby Merlion
img%5D

Merlion
img%5D

img%5D

Central Business District
img%5D

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1

Went for another walk this time to Marina Bay and Merlion Park area

Started at Padang

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Elizabeth Walk

img%5D

img%5D

Elizabeth Walk has nice view of CBD
img%5D

Theatres by the Bay
img%5D

img%5D

MBS
img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

CBD

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Singapore Flyer

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Bridge to MBS

img%5D

Gardens by the Bay

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

MBS

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 2

So, about my Chinese New Year trip to Singapore lets continue.

For Singaporeans Chinese New Year is never complete without Lou Hei so here's my Lou Hei

Was done in Shang Palace
img%5D

e3d

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Lou Hei
img%5D

More wine
img%5D

Soup
img%5D

Boston lobster
img%5D

Abalone
img%5D

Baked fish
img%5D

Noodles
img%5D

Dessert
img%5D

Finally the traditional Chinese New Year lucky rice cake
img%5D

• Like 2

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Travel-Leisure/Thai-tourist-spot-offers-touch-of-Harajuku-close-to-home?utm_campaign=GL_asia_daily&utm_medium=email&utm_source=NA_newsletter&utm_content=article_link&del_type=1&pub_date=20220211190000&seq_num=20&si=44594

Thai tourist spot offers touch of Harajuku close to home
Japanese-themed attractions fill gap as COVID blocks travel to popular destination

https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.am

With Japan among the popular destinations for Thai tourists, Harajuku Thailand has drawn residents unable to travel abroad due to the pandemic. (Photo by Marimi Kishimoto)
MARIMI KISHIMOTO, Nikkei staff writerFebruary 11, 2022 13:44 JST

BANGKOK -- Thai tourist spots that take a cue from Japan's landmark locations have attracted the interest of local residents unable to visit the country because of the pandemic.

One such attraction, Harajuku Thailand, partially opened in December. From Bangkok's city center, it takes an hour's drive through rice paddy country to arrive at the location.

The first thing greeting visitors is a giant statue of a maneki-neko -- a lucky cat waving its paw. Inside the attraction, one can see a building inspired by Tokyo's old Harajuku train station. There is also a Japanese shrine, a statue of the legendary loyal dog Hachiko and a waterway housing koi fish.

A 66-year-old woman decided to visit Harajuku Thailand in the middle of a drive elsewhere.

"I've went to Japan many times because I love sakura blossoms," she said. "This place has captured the atmosphere."

Harajuku Thailand also drew a 13-year-old girl in middle school.

"I found out about it on social media, and I came with a friend," she said, smiling. "I'm having fun taking pictures and walking around."

"Japan is the first travel destination that comes to mind for many Thais," said Kiratiya Sirichaiphatthana, the project director for Harajuku Thailand developer Suwintawong S&C. "When we were discussing concepts for a new attraction, we all agreed on something that will give a taste of Japan to Thais who can't take a trip there because of COVID."

Response from visitors has been positive, according to Kiratiya. Tourist traffic is expected to grow once Harajuku Thailand finalizes its slate of tenants and launches full operations at the end of March.

Japan is a popular tourist destination for Thais. During the pre-pandemic era, Japan ranked third in the number of outbound travelers, statistics from Thailand's Ministry of Tourism and Sports show, behind only Malaysia and Laos.

The Japan National Tourism Organization reports that the country received 1.31 million visitors from Thailand in 2019, a number that soared sevenfold over a decade.

With coronavirus travel restrictions in place, demand is ripe among Thais to experience Japan in some form. At the beach town of Bang Saen near Bangkok, a Thai owner opened a restaurant called Nomisuke Ramen. The location, which faithfully resembles a row of retro Japanese bars and eateries, became popular overnight.

Top Thai convenience store chain 7-Eleven started promoting Japanese-style bento lunches for "those who long for Japan."

In the early 2010s, Thailand saw a proliferation of tourist spots that resemble locations in Europe, such as Venice. The popularity of Japanese-style tourist locations is expected to continue for the foreseeable future as the pandemic limits travel.

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 2

And then on the 5th day of Chinese New Year it was time for me to go home. But before I did that I need to do a few things to get into Bangkok:

1. PCR test 72 hours before flight and for this I have to pay S$128 and did it at a clinic in Wheelock Place. This is for boarding and entering Thailand.

2. Apply for ThaiPass - this is done online but before you do this you need to prepare 4 pictures which will be uploaded:
    a. Picture of your passport
    b. Picture of Vaccination Cert (even better if you separately have a picture of the QR code too to speed up process) 
    c. Picture of your confirmed booking of a SHA hotel in Thailand for your first and fifth day, the letter from the hotel must also include confirmation of payment for PCR tests on the two days.
    d. Picture of your Covid Insurance (min US$50,000) 

With the above you will submit in the ThaiPass online platform and then wait. This is free. They say give them 3 days to approve however most of the time they will approve within half a day.

Ok so I left finally and this is the Changi Airport that day, it was quiet as expected.

The lounge laksa was really nice, gin nice too 😂

img%5D

img%5D

• Like 2

I arrived at 7pm and the hospital the hotel engaged to do the PCR came at 8.30pm did my PCR and left. I got the result at 1am which means it took only 4 hours, not so bad. I decided to stay till the next day.

Hotel
img%5D

Dinner provided by hotel
img%5D

Breakfast the next morning
img%5D

• Like 2

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2268839/govt-to-scrap-day-5-pcr-test-cut-insurance-cost-for-test-go-arrivals

Govt to scrap Day-5 PCR test, cut insurance cost for Test & Go arrivals
PUBLISHED : 23 FEB 2022 AT 15:57 UPDATED: 23 FEB 2022 AT 21:12

c1_2268839.jpg

In this file photo taken on Oct 30, 2021, tourists walk along Phra Nang beach in Krabi. (AFP)

The government will further relax entry rules for foreign visitors starting next month, bowing to demand from the local tourism industry to lower costs as more countries ease border controls to lure holidaymakers.

Vaccinated arrivals to Thailand will not be required to undergo a mandatory polymerase chain reaction test on the fifth day of the arrival starting March 1. Instead, they can do a self-antigen test, scrapping the requirement to have a confirmed hotel reservation for the test.    

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), the main virus task force chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, also lowered the minimum medical insurance coverage for visitors to no less than $20,000 from $50,000.

The government is making it easier for travellers to visit the country’s famed beaches, temples and national parks after nearly two years of tight border curbs decimated the tourism industry.

- Most cases local, death rate low -

While the nation is battling a spike in Omicron-led Covid cases, the low mortality rate compared to the peak Delta wave means healthcare facilities can cope with the outbreak, Taweesilp Visanuyothin, a spokesman for the task force, said at a briefing Wednesday.   

Thailand saw Covid cases jump to 21,232 on Wednesday, a six-month high, but the deaths stood at 39, compared with more than 300 a day during the peak of the Delta wave in August.  

The vast majority of new cases were locally transmitted, Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said, with approximately one in a thousand arrivals testing positive. 

He said the mandatory fifth-day test can be conducted using ATK because results were very accurate and widely accepted.

During the CCSA meeting, the public health minister said the number of operators answering calls to the 1330 hotline would be increased after Gen Prayut said he called the hotline and the person who answered sounded exhausted. Currently, he said, there were about 3,000 operators working the Covid advice hotline operated by the National Health Security Office.

Asked whether hospitals were prepared to accommodate more Covid-19 patients, Mr Anutin said all measures have been put in place. If necessary, hospitals could be expanded. 

The current rate of infections is high, he said, but health authorities are trying to minimise the number of critically ill patients and fatalities.

He told people to adjust their behaviours, get vaccinated, and avoid going to parties and other crowded places.

- Baht rallies -

The baht rallied as much as 0.4% on expectation easier visa rules will boost the country’s current-account surplus. The currency traded at 32.329 to a US dollar, extending gains this year to 3.3%.

The government has been experimenting with several plans in recent month to try to revive the travel sector that used to contribute to about one-fifth of the economy, with 40 million foreign tourists generating more than $60 billion in 2019.

The country has cleared about 302,000 visitors under the Test & Go programme since it was reopened for a second time on Feb 1, according to Dr Taweesilp.

Bangkok, eastern province Chonburi and resort island Phuket received the most travellers under the plan, he said.

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 2

Made myself a very simple dinner - fish boiled rice (porridge)

Took a piece of Spanish mackerel out of the freezer
img%5D

Remove the bones and skin
img%5D

Slice the meat
img%5D

Put the bones and skin and add some slices of ginger into a pot
img%5D

Add water and bentoil the content in the pot for 20mins add salt
img%5D

Cooking 

Ready