Chiwit Thai

Yamato

Thais are famous for their many desserts and this is a typical shop for dessert which recently opened near my home

uk8u4uB.jpg

Simple shop but brisk business
Rp4bHxJ.jpg

Choose what you like
UlQPnx0.jpg

Too many choices
B9B8NJ1.jpg

Hot dessert
TTr5n2Q.jpg

Cold coconut milk dessert
jsEhSUC.jpg

Mix it all around
Ad6oD47.jpg

$1.25 per bowl

• Like 2

Noodle is also popular among Thai and there is one particular noodle that is only available here in Thailand which is known as Yentafu (sound very familiar with Hakka's yong tau fu) however in the Thai version fermented tofu (red in colour) is made into a sauce and added into the noodle. The most famous (Thais said could be the original founder) is A. Mallika shop

This is yentafu for you

APbiIzD.jpg

MAETQJr.jpg

as I am not a fan of yentafu (I cannot stand the smell of the red sauce) I prefer normal noodle soup

FcKclPP.jpg

A. Mallika is also known for other traditional Thai and Chinese dishes, this is khanom jeeb (siewmai)
rfiY6nS.jpg

and geow-thod (deep fried wanton)
tQcm0Sk.jpg

Good desserts here too
2bP0VNR.jpg

This is their website if you like to know where to find them (many malls have a branch) - http://yentafo.com/eng/about/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yamato said:

Noodle is also popular among Thai and there is one particular noodle that is only available here in Thailand which is known as Yentafu (sound very familiar with Hakka's yong tau fu) however in the Thai version fermented tofu (red in colour) is made into a sauce and added into the noodle. The most famous (Thais said could be the original founder) is A. Mallika shop

This is yentafu for you

APbiIzD.jpg

MAETQJr.jpg

as I am not a fan of yentafu (I cannot stand the smell of the red sauce) I prefer normal noodle soup

FcKclPP.jpg

A. Mallika is also known for other traditional Thai and Chinese dishes, this is khanom jeeb (siewmai)
rfiY6nS.jpg

and geow-thod (deep fried wanton)
tQcm0Sk.jpg

Good desserts here too
2bP0VNR.jpg

This is their website if you like to know where to find them (many malls have a branch) - http://yentafo.com/eng/about/

i miss u many many yamato.... lol....

I think about you. But I don't say it anymore -Marguerite Duras, 

A typical Thai worker breakfast, Khao Gaeng. Khao gaeng is basically rice covered with dishes which a customer can choose from the many trays of dishes

A typical khao gaeng shop

aTwv3sK.jpg

boIOIib.jpg

Free extra raw vegetables and salad sauces take as much as you like 
IvsDb1b.jpg

Free soup too
yWura7P.jpg

My $1.45 breakfast (35 baht) consisted of 3 dishes - stir fry cabbage with mushrooms, bean sprouts with tofu, fried chicken with Thai herbs.
6XKlpUT.jpg

• Like 4