33F single mom with 14 yr old kid seeking a partner

The_King

Hi guys, sorry for another relationship post but I felt that it would be good to have some local perspective. I'm a 33F. Ever since my last relationship ended 2.5 years ago, I took some time to heal and started actively dating 1.5 year back. I've been on so many first dates that I've lost count but mainly there were 3 guys whom I dated for slightly longer (not at the same time). The rest of the dates don't go beyond the first or second date, either due to me or the other party.

A bit more info on the 3 guys - all are around my age or late 30s. First guy we dated for 4 months before he ended things due to him not feeling he was at a stage where he can commit, we are now friends. Second guy I checked in at the 2 months mark, he was the "work hard play hard" type and didn't want to commit. We dated casually for a few more months before a mutual fade. Third guy I checked in at the start that we were both seeking a serious relationship. We dated for 2 months and he just sent me a rejection text of "not feeling excited" about things right before our date for the weekend which he asked me on :(

Sorry for the wordy post. My point is, I'm really starting to wonder if there's something wrong with me. My friends can't pinpoint anything. I'm a single mom and I understand that is a deal breaker for most so it's stated clearly on my profile. My child is 14 and relatively independent, so I do have more time to date as compared to the past. There's no drama (ex not in the picture) and I am clear that my partner isn't required to fill in any role. I have a decent job, stable finances, healthy social life and am driven in self-improvement. In terms of appearance, I'm petite, not overweight and probably around a 7 out of 10? I always have people tell me they can't believe I'm single but the reality is its been really tough and I'm at a complete loss here. Any advice?

Edit: Thank you so much everyone for the replies, encouragement and advice! I truly appreciate it all!

• wtf 1