Fixture Discussion/Prediction - World Cup 2022

Bigbird

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian families have the opportunity to watch the Qatar 2022 World Cup football tournament for free when Radio Television Malaysia (RTM) under the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia (K-KOMM) becomes the official broadcaster for the world's biggest sporting event.

The Minister of Communications and Multimedia, Tan Sri Annuar Musa said, a total of 41 matches will be broadcast by RTM, which is 27 live matches including the final and 14 delayed broadcasts involving 130 hours of broadcast in total.

"RTM will broadcast matches involving high-ranking countries that have many fans in Malaysia," he told reporters after launching the Qatar 2022 World Cup Kick-Off program in conjunction with the appointment of RTM as the official broadcaster of the sporting event, here, today.

The 2022 World Cup will take place from 20 Nov to 18 Dec.

Recommended For You

According to Annuar, the 2022 Qatar World Cup will be broadcast through three television channels, namely TV2, TV Okey, RTM Sports and live streaming through RTM Klik.

He said that RTM would bear a cost of RM32.5 million to enable Malaysian families to participate in the world-class sport for free this time.

"Therefore, I hope that private companies and government-related companies (GLCs) can also share in covering the cost of broadcasting together with RTM," he said.

Annuar said that since 2002, that is for 20 years, RTM has not stopped bidding for broadcasting rights, either live or delayed, to allow Malaysians to enjoy the tournament once every four years.

He said football is not just a sport but a big industry and has cross-ethnic and national fans.

The World Cup has a large enough worldwide audience to generate high income for the sponsorship and broadcasting industry, he said.

According to a statement distributed by K-KOMM, the agreement to purchase broadcast rights was offered by the company Sport Media & Distributors Sdn Bhd with the first broadcast on Nov 20 witnessing the match between Qatar and Ecuador.

On today's program, RTM also introduced six sports presenters who will be on duty during the live broadcast, namely Syafiq Asyraf, Rasdi Jumaat, Zackhi Suri, Jeed Zulkefli, Aizuddin Shah and Mohd Nazri Shukri.

According to the statement, in addition to sports presenters, RTM will also feature 12 guest presenters consisting of former national players and coaches who will provide commentary and commentary on the matches.

The Qatar 2022 World Cup with the slogan 'Now Is All' will take place at eight official stadiums in Qatar involving 32 countries.

In the 2018 World Cup edition, RTM got the broadcasting rights for 41 of the 64 international matches with 27 of them broadcast live, involving a total cost of around RM30 million. - BERNAMA

https://www.bharian.com.my/berita/nasional/2022/08/988412/tonton-piala-dunia-2022-qatar-di-rtm

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chamfer said:

Senegal vs holland prediction

Holland win.

Total goals over 2.5. My guess total goals is 4

Senegal will kick in 1 goal

8 hours ago, chamfer said:

Usa vs wales prediction

Usa win or draw

Total goals under 2.5

Good call for both. I picked up on holland 2-0 score. 

Usa i skip coz dunno how wales will play after 64 years absence. 

• Like 2