Autumn Trip

Yamato

Taking a short break with the missus to see autumn leaves in US and Canada. We usually do this autumn leave thing in Japan but this time we thought we’d travel farther. Journey obviously started in Bangkok. Then we catch a direct flight from Singapore to New York, yes our journey shall start from New York City.

The flight is expected to take 18 hours but this is a very comfortable aircraft an Airbus 350-900. 

img%5D

Seats are super wide
img%5D

Lots of legroom 
img%5D

Lots of storage too
img%5D

img%5D

Will sign in again when arrive
img%5D

• Like 5
  • Full Of Win 1

Over Canada’s Northern Territory now

img%5D

So far had 2 meals and a snack. After take off from Singapore we were served dinner

Salmon salad 
img%5D

Braised beef with rice 
img%5D

Chocolate cake
img%5D

Then it was time to sleep. I think I did 6 hours, nice to be on a flat bed. When woke up was served a satay snack the peanut sauce was really good
img%5D

After more than an hour we were served our second meal

Starter is tuna
img%5D

Seafood beehoon
img%5D

The beehoon May look normal but it’s rather flavorful while the shrimp paste chili sauce were a perfect match 
img%5D

Ended up with a very nice pudding and cheeses 
img%5D

Mildly sweet pudding perfect for me
img%5D

• Like 3
  • nomnomnom 2

So I finally arrived Newark Airport yesterday (Wednesday) at 5.30am 

Immigration was a breeze took us less than 5min from queueing to exiting to get our luggage. 

Luggage trolley is rather expensive at US$6 and then it was the taxi to take us to the hotel and it costs $95 arriving in the hotel just before 7am. Check-in time was 4pm so we went for a walk around the hotel area had breakfast at McDonalds 

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Went to the hotel at 9.30am to hang around. The night before the hotel was fully booked so we have to wait for check-outs and cleaning. I asked the hotel manager about car rental he told be there's one just next street at 25th Street a mere 5mins walk. 

Was delighted to sort out my car rental on the spot. First is checking my driving license (Singapore and Thai) the staff told me its good both licenses could be use. Staff also told me car is good to drive into Canada and back just need to show the rental agreement. Also insurance is good for both US and Canada so no need anything extra. Total cost of the 10 days rental (including top insurance) was only US$1100, shockingly cheap. So I am basically all set for the trip. Will start driving on Saturday.

Very lucky also at 10.20am staff gave us the room key cards as a room was ready. Didn't go out as we slept in the hotel room till 8pm.

• Like 2

Sorry for disappearing past 5 days was busy traveling. Its now 8.20am in Quebec, we just arrived last night at 7pm. Had time to arranged the photos and upload come videos. 

So my second morning there we had a great breakfast at a Johnny's Luncheonette on the next street.

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Love this place
img%5D

That's Johnny
img%5D

Here comes the breakfasts
img%5D

img%5D

• Like 1

Good morning from Quebec. So today we will be driving to Montreal. 

Last time I left off was about going to Boston. But before we could do that I had to go to the car rental to pick up the car a GMC Terrain SUV. Paperwork was a breeze that only require my driving license (I used my Singapore license) and credit card. I told the guy again I want to get the top insurance coverage and he told me it is also got assurance that I could drive into Canada and that the insurance also covers Canada, both he said was good to go. 

Obviously driving on the other side of the road made me nervous at first and getting used to its been quite a few years.

So off we went towards Boston on our 4hrs journey. Came across this small beautiful lake

Stopped by the side

img%5D

Beautiful isn't it?

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

• Like 2

My actual destination was the Boston's Public Garden so I had to walk almost 2km passing by this housing area along a Commonwealth Ave that has a park towards the Public Garden, here are some photos of the walk and through the park - 

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

• Like 2