Man pays $59 for Yummy Fresh Fruits Vanilla Cake, but there's nothing fresh or yummy about it

The_King

cakemain.jpg

A man was disappointed to find that a Yummy Fresh Fruits Vanilla Cake that he bought for his wife's birthday did not live up to it name at all.

Stomper Ming had ordered the $59.31 cake from Ferns N Petals on Wednesday (Aug 10).

On its website, Ferns N Petals states that "freshness of cake is always guranteed! (sic)"

screenhunter_217.png

However, that was far from the case for Ming, who said his Yummy Fresh Fruits Vanilla Cake came with unfresh ingredients.

He recounted: "We received the cake this morning (Aug 11) and immediately put it into the fridge without checking as we wanted to surprise my wife for her birthday.

"When it was time to cut the cake, we were thoroughly disappointed because we realised there was nothing fresh about the cake as it came with mouldy fruits and mushy macaroons."

Ming shared photos showing the cake topped with stale-looking berries and a screenshot of how his request for a refund was initially turned down by the store.

fernsnpetals.jpg

The Stomper added: "I contacted Ferns N Petals to ask for a refund but was rejected. They claimed that it was not under their policy to give refunds and offered a gift voucher instead.

"Why would I even have the confidence to get another cake from them again?

"Still, they refused to give me a refund. After a lot of back and forth, they finally agreed to a refund, which they should have done in the first place. They said they processed the refund last night and that it would take five to seven working days.

"This experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. I will never order from them again."

This is not the first time Stompers have had negative experiences with Ferns N Petals.

In February this year, a woman said she was left embarrassed by a 'disgraceful' $82 Chinese New Year hamper that was sent to her client.

The store also came under fire in 2020, when a customer received a $113 cake with a misspelled greeting that said 'Happy Birthday Monter'.

Ferns N Petals later sent a replacement cake and apologised for the mistake.

• wtf 1