‘$8.00 for just the fries? You must be kidding me, bro’ — Customer

The_King

A customer was surprised to pay S$8 for a plate of fries, sparking a thread among netizens that the price was too much for the item. Members of the public also suggested it was better to purchase frozen fries from a supermarket and fry them at home.

Facebook page Complaint Singapore member Qeelah Redwan shared a post on Wednesday (Aug 3) with the caption, “S$8.00 for just the fries? You must be kidding me, bro. Teck Whye Rasa Rasa, you should do something about it.”

She attached a photo of the fries, which came with some chilli on the side.

296610680_1519817525143796_2255842824254 Photo: FB screengrab/Complaint Singapore

“Must be special fries,” commented Vincent Chong, while another netizen asked, “Organic fries?”

Others noted that food prices for the same brand, but in different outlets, have increased.

“Same goes for Rasa Rasa at Yishun. I used to eat their western food, 3 pieces chicken wing plus fries. Those were $7.50, but now it’s $12, I think. I was shocked,” said Facebook user Nur Hidayah.

“No matter how big the portion the fries is for $8 is really too expensive… Especially at coffee shop… Might as well go supermarket buy back n fry our own… Even if we were to choose those better quality fries at a supermarket to fry our own oso don need that much…” added Facebook user Geraldine Soh.

“Might as well buy one packet of frozen fries, $4.80 only!” confirmed another netizen.

The Independent Singapore has reached out to Rasa Rasa at Teck Whye for a statement. The article will be updated accordingly. /TISG

• wtf 1