85% of Singaporean workers at risk of extreme burnout

The_King

An overwhelming 85% of Singapore-based employees admitted that they feel at risk of burnout this year, with one in five of them already reporting feeling de-energised at work.

Mercer's latest 2022 Global Talent Trends Study revealed that one in two Singaporeans are planning to resign in the next six to 12 months. The most cited reasons behind the move are the following:

1. Not feeling sufficiently rewarded enough for their efforts
  2. Feeling overloaded at work (34%)
  3. Feeling uncertain with changes not being clearly communicated (30%)

To combat this workforce development, Lewis Garrad, Career Business Leader, Singapore, Mercer, said that 36% of Singapore HR leaders are planning to introduce strategies addressing burnout this year.

"This includes more mental health insurance coverage, offering virtual mental health counselling and providing trainings on how to identify and support those facing mental health challenges," Garrad explained.

Despite this, Garrad said that while companies are doing more on employee wellness, "a gap still remains" between the offer from companies and their employees' expectations.

"Companies need to know that a failure to focus on employee wellness can potentially put a company's transformation at risk."

Remote work a 'deal breaker'

Another finding from the Mercer report revealed that one in two workers from Singapore believe that the future is about fitting work around life - with employees more inclined to stay in a company due to flexibility and healthcare.

In fact, nearly two in five employees said they are willing to let go of pay increases just so they could work flexibly, while 62% said not working remotely on under hybrid permanently is a "deal breaker" before joining a company.

However, executives are already wary of the potential impact of hybrid and remote work to the company overall.

According to the report, 86% of executives are concerned on employees' ability to build and maintain colleague relationships under hybrid and remote working. Another six in 10 believe that work gets done in an office and not remotely.

Garrad said that employers need to "embrace new, flexible work models to cultivate a workforce that can design their own careers."

"Those who find that balance and align their policies to the wants and needs of their employees will not only boost the motivation and engagement of their existing workers, but also will win the best talent."

• Wahaha 1

1 hour ago, socrates469bc said:

they never consult kgk xdd @HarrisY1 meh??????

he is lumber 2 in avoiding burnout.

this clown is lumber 1.

Lee Hsien Loong Clown Wave GIF - Lee Hsien Loong Clown Wave Hi - Discover &  Share GIFs

10q kgk for the shoutout

My beri simpur tip for avoiding burnout from werk ish to adopt my mantra of ______

Chiu noe wat? Whhh

• Wahaha 4

21 hours ago, XianGe said:

Lightning gang dun gib a fug... Employers will say employees gotch leave days but they ownself no plan...

Nowadays the trend is if u go on leave or holidays, you may still be needed to do some work…couple of my friends went overseas but night still clearing some work

• wtf 1

1 hour ago, Homelander said:

Nowadays the trend is if u go on leave or holidays, you may still be needed to do some work…couple of my friends went overseas but night still clearing some work

Damn sad leh... They MNC or sme or silver serpent?

Edited by XianGe

40 minutes ago, Homelander said:

3 of them all MNCs...1 bank, 1 healthcare and wellness, 1 fashion luxury

I.e. all the local industries that are obsolete technology wise

DM1677.jpg

headline-newspaper-isolated-on-white-bac

• Wahaha 3

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

On 5/28/2022 at 10:28 PM, HarrisY1 said:

10q kgk for the shoutout

My beri simpur tip for avoiding burnout from werk ish to adopt my mantra of ______

Chiu noe wat? Whhh

In case chiu all forget, it's

WERK ISH 4 DKGKS WHHH!

• Wahaha 2

On 5/29/2022 at 10:44 AM, XianGe said:

Lightning gang dun gib a fug... Employers will say employees gotch leave days but they ownself no plan...

Their plan is to make sinkies struggle to make a living! 

The more money sinkies have, sinkies will disturb gov!

So best strategy is to keep sinkies busy with bread & butter issues! Once a while use tax payers money and throw to feed the poor sinkies!  1184542422_HeresSomeforYou.jpg.771c38a10d1d596374806418caa0a88b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wahaha 1