CNY 2022 thread

The_King

When is Li Chun? When to start spring cleaning? All the auspicious dates you need to know for a huat CNY 2022

In the blink of an eye, Christmas is already over and shopping malls are starting to put out all their Chinese New Year (CNY) decorations

If you, too, are already making preparations for CNY, which falls on Feb 1, 2022, it's a good time to start marking all the auspicious dates on your calendar. 

Apart from Li Chun, which is regarded as the luckiest day to deposit your money, read on to find out the optimal times for you to discontinue work, start work, spring clean and visit your loved ones. 

When to deposit your money 

For the uninitiated, Li Chun in Chinese culture signifies the beginning of spring. This often falls around Chinese New Year. In 2022, Li Chun starts on Feb 4 and ends on Feb 19. 

Many believe that depositing money at the right time during the Li Chun period will bring good fortune for the coming year. 

According to Way Fengshui Group, these are the luckiest times for each zodiac sign to deposit money into their bank accounts. 

LI%20CHUN-finalnew-01.png PHOTO: AsiaOne

When to cease or start work 

If you want to start the new year off on the right foot, you'll have to take note of the lucky dates to cease and start work. 

Fengshui blog Feng Shui Beginner says that this depends on your zodiac sign too. If your sign conflicts with a particular date, you should avoid ceasing or starting work on that day. 

Dates to cease work 

Date Day Conflicting zodiac sign
Jan 28  Friday  Pig
Jan 31 Monday Tiger

Dates to start work

Feb 4 Friday Horse
Feb 7 Monday Rooster
Feb 8  Tuesday Dog 
Feb 10  Thursday Rat 
Feb 14  Monday Dragon 
Feb 15  Tuesday Snake

When to spring clean 

Spring cleaning is one of the most crucial things to do before CNY.

According to Feng Shui Beginner, the purpose of this is to remove the old, unwanted and stagnant energy so that you can welcome new, positive energy into your space.

And yes, there are auspicious times to spring clean too.

Similar to the auspicious dates for ceasing and starting work, try to choose a date that doesn't conflict with you and your family member's signs. 

Jan 17 Monday Rat 
Jan 20  Thursday Rabbit 
Jan 25 Tuesday  Monkey 
Jan 28  Friday Pig 
Jan 29  Saturday Rat 

Besides picking an auspicious day, where you start your spring cleaning also matters. 

If you had a good 2021, you should start cleaning from the main entrance of your home and work inwards. 

And if you had a bad 2021, start cleaning from the innermost part of the house and sweep all the way out to the main door to remove all the negative energy. 

When to do your CNY visitations 

The festive period is all about meeting up with family and friends to celebrate new beginnings 

According to Way Fengshui Group, there are also auspicious and inauspicious times to visit your loved ones on the first day of CNY, so do take note of these as you plan your visitation route. 

Period Time Luck rating
Zi 11pm to 1am Good
Chou 1am to 3am Good
Yin 3am to 5am Average
Mao 5am to 7am Bad 
Chen  7am to 9am Average
Si  9am to 11am  Bad
Wu 11am to 1pm Average 
Wei 1pm to 3pm Average 
Shen 3pm to 5pm Good
You 5pm to 7pm Average
Xu 7pm to 9pm Average 
Hai 9pm to 11pm Good 

m

Edited by The_King
  • Like 2

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/stock-cny-pantry-abalone-auspicious-seafood-delicacy-052809076.html

Ring in Lunar New Year 2022 with these auspicious seafood for a smoother ride ahead.

Our editorial team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Prices were correct at the time of publication.

Subscribe to Yahoo Singapore Telegram and visit Yahoo Shopping for first dibs on shopping deals

Abalone

Abalone is associated as a food item usually reserved for Lunar New Year because of its price and significance. (Photo: Gettyimages)

Abalone is associated as a food item usually reserved for Lunar New Year because of its price and significance. (Photo: Gettyimages)

Abalone is associated as a food item usually reserved for Lunar New Year because of its price and significance. Abalone is pronounced as bao yu (鲍鱼) in Cantonese and Mandarin, which sounds like "assurance" and “surplus" respectively. Combine the words, and you get a rough pronunciation of “assurance of surplus”.

New Moon Luxury New Zealand Abalone, 6 cans x 425g (Photo: Amazon)

New Moon Luxury New Zealand Abalone, 6 cans x 425g, S$274.80

New Moon New Moon Golden 3s Bundle [Australia Abalone 425g + Golden Ingot Topshell 425g + Fish Maw Soup 400g], S$63.10

Fortune Braised Baby Abalone, 180g, S$6.95

New Moon Premium Abalone Yu Sheng 780g, S$39.90

Dried Scallops and Mushrooms

Delicacy ingredients which are often used in delicacy soups and stews - dried fish maw ( cod swim bladder as depicted) from Australia, dried shiitake mushrooms and dried scallops from Japan.

Dried fish maw, dried shiitake mushrooms and dried scallops often used in delicacy soups and stews. (Photo: Getty Images)

Dried scallops (干贝), pronounced ganbei, suggest and looks like little nuggets of gold. Mushrooms, known as dong gu in Mandarin, are associated with the Chinese idiom "dongcheng xijiu, meaning “wishes fulfilled from the east to west”. It's no wonder that these dried goods are prominently featured in auspicious (and delicious) dishes such as pencai (treasure pot filled with delicacies) and more!

Shitake Mushrooms, from S$4.90

Dried Scallop Hokkaido Japan - M 200g, S$45.90

Fish

Steamed fish with soy sauce for Chinese New Year reunion dinner

Steamed fish with soy sauce for Chinese New Year reunion dinner. (Photo: Gett Iimages)

The word yu (魚), meaning "fish", has the same pronunciation as the word 餘, which means "surplus", or surplus of money. While already a popular food item to have on the reunion dining table, the type of fish you get takes on different significance based on their name. That's the reason why fish species like Red Snapper, Rabbit Fish and Chinese Silver Pomfret are prone to low stocks and gasp-inducing price increase as CNY nears.

Shop Red Snapper here

Oyster and sea moss

Dehydrated oysters and spiral shells are popular ingredients in Chinese cuisine, Lau Fau Shan, Hong Kong, China.

Dehydrated oysters might not look like much but imparts a deep flavour into stews. (Photo: Getty Images)

Hao, “oyster” in Mandarin, sounds like the word "good" or "luxury", while fa cai (referring to “sea moss” in Mandarin) sounds similar to “prosper”. In Cantonese, the oyster and sea moss come together in a dish called ho si fatt choy, which equates to a Chinese New Year greeting that means “happy events and may you strike a fortune”.

Shop dried oysters here, from S$6.55

Shop Auspicious Dried Zheng Fa Cai 15g here, S$17.80

Sea Cucumber

Sea cucumbers (Photo: Getty Images)

Pronounced hi shen (海参), the “shen” sounds like "sheng" which mean to “give birth,” is great for parents wanting to elevate their status to grandparents. 

Imperial Premium Australia Origins (Ready to eat) Bald Head Sea Cucumber 1KG + FOC 1 can of abalone, S$55

Frozen Black Jade Sea Cucumber, S$65

Sea Cucumber 120g (7pcs) in Gift Box, S$69

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 10:41 PM, The_King said:

giant also having discount on bailey's and carlsberg.

i waiting for heineken to have bigger discount, then buy 2 cartons to lim for the whole yr.

limpeh me still have 1 more can of the cheap coca cola i bot last yr.

nb, alrdy 2 weeks past best by date liao.

wahahahahaha

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The_King said:

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/stock-cny-pantry-abalone-auspicious-seafood-delicacy-052809076.html

Ring in Lunar New Year 2022 with these auspicious seafood for a smoother ride ahead.

Our editorial team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Prices were correct at the time of publication.

Subscribe to Yahoo Singapore Telegram and visit Yahoo Shopping for first dibs on shopping deals

Abalone

Abalone is associated as a food item usually reserved for Lunar New Year because of its price and significance. Abalone is pronounced as bao yu (鲍鱼) in Cantonese and Mandarin, which sounds like "assurance" and “surplus" respectively. Combine the words, and you get a rough pronunciation of “assurance of surplus”.

New Moon Luxury New Zealand Abalone, 6 cans x 425g, S$274.80

New Moon New Moon Golden 3s Bundle [Australia Abalone 425g + Golden Ingot Topshell 425g + Fish Maw Soup 400g], S$63.10

Fortune Braised Baby Abalone, 180g, S$6.95

New Moon Premium Abalone Yu Sheng 780g, S$39.90

Dried Scallops and Mushrooms

Delicacy ingredients which are often used in delicacy soups and stews - dried fish maw ( cod swim bladder as depicted) from Australia, dried shiitake mushrooms and dried scallops from Japan.

Dried fish maw, dried shiitake mushrooms and dried scallops often used in delicacy soups and stews. (Photo: Getty Images)

Dried scallops (干贝), pronounced ganbei, suggest and looks like little nuggets of gold. Mushrooms, known as dong gu in Mandarin, are associated with the Chinese idiom "dongcheng xijiu, meaning “wishes fulfilled from the east to west”. It's no wonder that these dried goods are prominently featured in auspicious (and delicious) dishes such as pencai (treasure pot filled with delicacies) and more!

Shitake Mushrooms, from S$4.90

Dried Scallop Hokkaido Japan - M 200g, S$45.90

Fish

Steamed fish with soy sauce for Chinese New Year reunion dinner

Steamed fish with soy sauce for Chinese New Year reunion dinner. (Photo: Gett Iimages)

The word yu (魚), meaning "fish", has the same pronunciation as the word 餘, which means "surplus", or surplus of money. While already a popular food item to have on the reunion dining table, the type of fish you get takes on different significance based on their name. That's the reason why fish species like Red Snapper, Rabbit Fish and Chinese Silver Pomfret are prone to low stocks and gasp-inducing price increase as CNY nears.

Shop Red Snapper here

Oyster and sea moss

Dehydrated oysters and spiral shells are popular ingredients in Chinese cuisine, Lau Fau Shan, Hong Kong, China.

Dehydrated oysters might not look like much but imparts a deep flavour into stews. (Photo: Getty Images)

Hao, “oyster” in Mandarin, sounds like the word "good" or "luxury", while fa cai (referring to “sea moss” in Mandarin) sounds similar to “prosper”. In Cantonese, the oyster and sea moss come together in a dish called ho si fatt choy, which equates to a Chinese New Year greeting that means “happy events and may you strike a fortune”.

Shop dried oysters here, from S$6.55

Shop Auspicious Dried Zheng Fa Cai 15g here, S$17.80

Sea Cucumber

Pronounced hi shen (海参), the “shen” sounds like "sheng" which mean to “give birth,” is great for parents wanting to elevate their status to grandparents. 

Imperial Premium Australia Origins (Ready to eat) Bald Head Sea Cucumber 1KG + FOC 1 can of abalone, S$55

Frozen Black Jade Sea Cucumber, S$65

Sea Cucumber 120g (7pcs) in Gift Box, S$69

this coming cny even slower than last yr.

now waiting for last minute discounts to buy for my lao bu.

wahahahahahahaha

34 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

this coming cny even slower than last yr.

now waiting for last minute discounts to buy for my lao bu.

wahahahahahahaha

can feel it very slow.

38 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

giant also having discount on bailey's and carlsberg.

i waiting for heineken to have bigger discount, then buy 2 cartons to lim for the whole yr.

limpeh me still have 1 more can of the cheap coca cola i bot last yr.

nb, alrdy 2 weeks past best by date liao.

wahahahahaha

me waiting for spirits. need some vodka and martell gordon blue

• Wahaha 1

3 beauty treatments to get your skin ready for CNY

It’s almost time to dust off your one red shirt that’s been sitting in your wardrobe since National Day because Chinese New Year is fast approaching. Then again, maybe it’s time for some new clothes that’ll get you feeling fresh to start the year on a good note. Speaking of, it can’t hurt to pamper yourself with a beauty treatment or two either. If you’ve found yourself wondering why you’ve been getting seemingly random breakouts despite slathering on your skincare products daily, keeping stress at bay might just be the skincare ingredient you’re missing, but maybe the experts at SW1 Clinic can help. Here are three beauty treatments that can help you to get your skin looking its best before the Lunar New Year. 

SylfirmX 

Amidst the chaos of spring cleaning and getting the house ready for visitors, there’s a lot to be done — but don’t forget to leave some time for self-care. If the past two years have taught us anything, it’s that self-care is important for your mental health and honestly, you deserve it after all that decluttering!

Treat yourself, we say, and the SylfirmX treatment can be the pampering your skin needs right before the hectic CNY period. It’s a 60-minute procedure that aims to treat multiple skin concerns including acne scars, redness like rosacea and hyperpigmentation. The treatment uses gold microneedles — which doesn’t hurt as much as you’d think. In fact, it’s pretty painless, and you might even find the treatment relaxing. Numbing cream is applied beforehand, and all you’ll feel are tiny pricking sensations.

SylfirmX is for your face and body, and it’s customizable to suit all skin types as well since the gold microneedles can be adjusted to treat different skin concerns at different layers of the skin. At the deepest layer, it can help with deep acne scars, while in the middle layers of the skin it can treat melasma and hyperpigmentation. In the superficial layer, it can help with resurfacing and the regeneration of skin, and the result is smooth skin and the confidence that comes with it is a bonus. There’s no downtime too, which means you can pencil in a session right before an important event, and you can even wear makeup after the procedure. 

aQ_WBoUD60u4t-Pqyr-iCDln7eXHhiBW35w8h4hg

Photo: Linh Ha/Unsplash

Micro-Refine

Oranges, check. Red packets, check. Now we don’t know about you, but a handheld electric fan has also become a must in Singapore’s relentless heat. Going visiting especially in Singapore’s weather can leave you in a sweaty mess by noon, and that just won’t do for the OOTD shot you’re definitely going to post. 

Those wanting to look photoshoot-ready for the festive season might want to check out SW1 Clinic’s Micro-Refine treatment, which claims to reduce excess oiliness, minimize the appearance of pores and improve your overall skin tone all in one 30-minute session. It uses microinjections of botox all over the face and neck, and it works by causing sweat glands and sebaceous glands to shrink and atrophy. The result is smooth and clear skin that’s ready for the ‘gram. 

Water Drop Lift

By now, we might be veterans when it comes to putting up with relatives’ nosy questions, but it can’t hurt to have more in your arsenal for dodging those attacks. If you had to pick between borderline invasive questions about your relationship (*ahem* or lack thereof) and comments on your appearance, the latter might just be the better option if it means you can distract your family members with a skincare tip or two. 

Lucky for you, you just got the Water Drop Lift treatment at SW1 Clinic, and the results are enough to get them asking about your skincare routine. Time spent describing the 45-minute treatment is time spent away from any personal questions, and we’ve got you covered. It’s a painless procedure that uses high-density ultrasonic energy to increase moisture in the skin and improve one’s moisture barrier. 

The treatment is said to help with fine lines, wrinkles and laugh lines, and the result is a youthful and dewy appearance. It’s not hard to see why it’s a favorite of Korean celebrities — a fun tidbit that’s sure to be a hit with the Korean-drama-obsessed relatives. 
Ready to put your best face forward? Head over to their website for more information, or to book an appointment.

• wtf 1

15 minutes ago, Satki said:

I went on online spree

so far

1 x Hitachi fridge

1 x samsung a52s

1 x omron high blood press monitor

1 x 6V power

2 x phone cover

I guess soon will be the CNT makan stuff

limpeh thinking of getting a high blood monitor also.

whats ur verdict on omron??????

2 minutes ago, The_King said:

good

i been using omron. the model i have is already 5 yr old

limpeh me feel my blood pressure getting on high side lately after new yr.

thats why thinking of getting 1.

nb, my new yr resolution is not to scold kgks but still many kgks need scolding.

really is cb gao gao.

4 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

limpeh me feel my blood pressure getting on high side lately after new yr.

thats why thinking of getting 1.

nb, my new yr resolution is not to scold kgks but still many kgks need scolding.

really is cb gao gao.

must eat healthy anyway

this is the model i buy

91xbAzjzmpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

limpeh thinking of getting a high blood monitor also.

whats ur verdict on omron??????

my second one. first one the start stop button kena abused. must be the stressful pressed spoil it

omron i think only brand i see has some form of certification. cheaper ones from China but by not much. I paid 60+ for mine. deliver the next day

anyone knows if there is a machine that measure blood sugar without pricking?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Satki said:

my second one. first one the start stop button kena abused. must be the stressful pressed spoil it

omron i think only brand i see has some form of certification. cheaper ones from China but by not much. I paid 60+ for mine. deliver the next day

anyone knows if there is a machine that measure blood sugar without pricking?

yes they are called continuous glucose monitors but this small sensor still in your body

freestyle-libre-14-38.jpg

sg   have these old old old old old old old old model

https://freestylelibre.com.sg/products/freestyle-libre-sensor.html

other country already FreeStyle Libre 3

https://www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/strategy-and-strength/freeStyle-libre-3-worlds-smallest-sensor-is-here.html

EjQ1VheWoAAC1ZF.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 11:04 AM, chamfer said:

I feel no mood around.... most shop in my neighbourhood like doing slow business.

Maybe the high cost of shipping is making businesses earning less profit.

u walk ard and see plenty of hampers on discount, u know every biz is cutting down on gift expenses liao.

nb, where got smlj economic recovery????

wahahahahahaha

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

u walk ard and see plenty of hampers on discount, u know every biz is cutting down on gift expenses liao.

wahahahahahaha

how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif

got la. economy recovers already. i dont know where you get your news from.

proof: SINGAPORE: The Government will have to start moving on the planned hike in Goods and Services Tax (GST) in Budget 2022, given that the economy is emerging from COVID-19, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in his New Year message on Friday (Dec 31). 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/gst-hike-increase-pm-lee-hsien-loong-budget-2022-2409246

• Wahaha 2

6 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

wahahahahahaha

the official narrative is 2022 will see 7+%

if you can believe the country that cannot even report covid cases properly

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 2