Buyers urged to return SG Diagnostics antigen rapid test kits meant only for professional use

The_King

mi_sgdartkit_121021.jpg?itok=GoaZ4IKo&ti

SINGAPORE - Consumers who bought SG Diagnostics antigen rapid test (ART) kits are urged by the company to return the product.

The kits are authorised by the Health Sciences Authority to be supplied only to professional service providers, such as healthcare institutions and clinics, and are not meant for use by consumers for self-testing at home.

SG Diagnostics made the call to consumers in an advertisement in ST Classifieds on Tuesday (Oct 12) and clarified that the advisory was not due to product quality issues, but a result of unauthorised sales and distribution of the kits.

It wrote: "We strongly urge all those who are trying to sell or distribute our product as home test kit to immediately cease all such actions."

The company's ART kits have popped up for sale on e-commerce platforms like Shopee, Lazada and Carousell, priced at about $18 for a box of two kits.

Listings for group orders were also seen on shopping platform WeBuy.

The Straits Times understands that many listings have been taken down.

When ST called the SG Diagnostics hotline in the advertisement, an operator advised buyers to return the ART kits to their suppliers and ask for a refund. She said that "if necessary", the company will buy the test kits at a flat rate of $6 each.

She added that the company is investigating how the kits ended up for sale on consumer platforms.

For return inquiries, consumers should call the SG Diagnostics hotline on 8030-5766 or e-mail [email protected].

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

haha they think sinkies are daft on this kind of things

hey sinkie are damn cho kuan

they sell mask, oximeter, tt as soon as they collect them

anything to make  buck

@The_KingI think there is a shortage. post on carousel at 100 I think will see some people buying

If not i offer 8$ for the kit. any better offer?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Satki said:

haha they think sinkies are daft on this kind of things

hey sinkie are damn cho kuan

they sell mask, oximeter, tt as soon as they collect them

anything to make  buck

@The_KingI think there is a shortage. post on carousel at 100 I think will see some people buying

If not i offer 8$ for the kit. any better offer?

Wow

$100 i will sell.

No way i selling a professional kits for $6

• Wahaha 2

17 hours ago, The_King said:

The company's ART kits have popped up for sale on e-commerce platforms like Shopee, Lazada and Carousell, priced at about $18 for a box of two kits.

Listings for group orders were also seen on shopping platform WeBuy.

KNN they jolly well know that its selling at $9 but only offer to buy back at $6??? Cheapo company. should check this company belongs to who sia

maybe another $2 setup out to make a quick buck and MIA after pandemic is over

• Like 3