MAN’S POSB ACCOUNT WIPE OUT AFTER UNAUTHORIZED PAYNOW

The_King

bnank-1024x536.jpg

Hi everyone sorry my post will be a bit too long. Admin pls delete if inappropriate. I just would like to share and let out my frustration. On end of may this year, My husband ibanking from POSB account was hacked. he wanted to bought something from 7E that morning but the card was declined.

When he check the ibanking he was shocked because he was only left with a few dollars. It stated there he made transaction using our joint account and made payNow transfer to Coda Payments Pte.Ltd (9 payNOW transfer $75 each, total $657) which he didn’t. We already lodge a police report and called POSB. So fast forward they ask us to wait and around last month Posb called my husband saying Coda Payments will like to settle with us and that we will probably get our money back. They provide us with coda email.

So we emailed coda with the police report and everything then Coda replied to us saying that Coda will only fulfil the transaction after PayNow has completed the authentication process and it’s successfully verified. Then they ask us to contact back Paynow if the transaction is not done by us. We tried reaching back to POSB but still we receive no reply from them until now.

So right now we really didn’t know what else to do in order to get the money back. It was really unfortunate for us because my husband just received his pay that month (he is the sole breadwinner for our family). Luckily we already settled our bills and that money was supposed to be our money to spend for the next month so $657 is not a small amount of money for us. It shook me that your money can just be taken away just like that from your bank account without you authorised it. I truly understand that pay now transfer transactions will only be authorised by us, but we didn’t receive any QR codes or text or any sort of authorisation. Coda payments were also not in the paynow transfer list (if you want to payNow need to save phone number or UEN number right).

Maybe it is just not our luck. Until now i’m sort of traumatised even tho we changed all of our cards and make a new ibanking. I just hope that this thing won’t happen to anyone else.

https://singaporeuncensored.com/mans-posb-account-wipe-out-after-unauthorized-paynow

• Like 1

already say many many time

treat your account that link to ecom or payment etc... like a top up card. you need to buy something then transfer or go deposit at atm which i did, so there no other way or weakness to transfer out or in   , and the other account is standalone without  any card or 2 in1 card etc............. aka old school

Edited by The_King
  • Full Of Win 1

2 hours ago, chamfer said:

Best keep all important bank accounts from having atm,online banking function.

Old school banking is the best despite the trouble of going to bank for withdrawal/desposit.

Ya if it inconvenience you, it mean it also inconvenience scammers

• Like 1