Investors take umbrage with SPH’s restructure by selling down

The_King

Analysts and investors are likely to pour over the pros and cons of an unpopular restructure, and ponder why shareholders’ equity needs to be taken out of Singapore Press Holdings such that net asset value falls from $2.24 to $2.08 per share.

As a result, the chart looks terrible. Prices have fallen below a top-like pattern, setting a downside of $1.36 to $1.40. Coincidentally, the twice tested $1.40 level is also a support level. The breakdown level is $1.74, and this is likely to pose formidable resistance at some time in the future, when the technical condition is sufficiently benign for prices to recover. In the meantime, expect a further drop to the downside. Thereafter, prices may bounce and then settle down to weeks of sideways meandering.

62910b-983-RT-1-.jpg

Unlike OUE, which peaked on April 14 and has just covered an exhaustion gap causing it to drift gently lower, SPH’s next moves could be more volatile before calming down.   

The main Straits Times Index barometer managed to bounce off its still rising 50-day moving average currently at 3,134. On May 5, the STI moved to an intra-day low of 3,140 before rebounding, ending the week at 3,200.

Support had appeared at 3,150, the bottom of a sideways range, and this managed to stop the decline. Overall though, the index looks like it may remain within this sideways range. The top of the range is at around 3,220 to 3,222.

Technically, the STI’s quarterly momentum is struggling as it attempts to stabilise in mid-range. Short term indicators bounced temporarily and both stochastics and 21-day RSI appear to be trending lower. ADX continues to fall, and this is reflected in the STI’s sideways range. The DIs are currently neutral.

These indicators suggest that the STI may not be able to stage a clear break above the 3,220 to 3,222 level in the near term despite its recent rebound. The original break above the narrow 3,071 to 3,118 range in the week of Mar 15-19 still remains valid as does the upside of 3,368 to 3,377 but this may take a longer time frame to achieve.

e77c57-983-RT-2.jpg

• Wahaha 1

9 hours ago, The_King said:

Analysts and investors are likely to pour over the pros and cons of an unpopular restructure, and ponder why shareholders’ equity needs to be taken out of Singapore Press Holdings such that net asset value falls from $2.24 to $2.08 per share.

As a result, the chart looks terrible. Prices have fallen below a top-like pattern, setting a downside of $1.36 to $1.40. Coincidentally, the twice tested $1.40 level is also a support level. The breakdown level is $1.74, and this is likely to pose formidable resistance at some time in the future, when the technical condition is sufficiently benign for prices to recover. In the meantime, expect a further drop to the downside. Thereafter, prices may bounce and then settle down to weeks of sideways meandering.

62910b-983-RT-1-.jpg

Unlike OUE, which peaked on April 14 and has just covered an exhaustion gap causing it to drift gently lower, SPH’s next moves could be more volatile before calming down.   

The main Straits Times Index barometer managed to bounce off its still rising 50-day moving average currently at 3,134. On May 5, the STI moved to an intra-day low of 3,140 before rebounding, ending the week at 3,200.

Support had appeared at 3,150, the bottom of a sideways range, and this managed to stop the decline. Overall though, the index looks like it may remain within this sideways range. The top of the range is at around 3,220 to 3,222.

Technically, the STI’s quarterly momentum is struggling as it attempts to stabilise in mid-range. Short term indicators bounced temporarily and both stochastics and 21-day RSI appear to be trending lower. ADX continues to fall, and this is reflected in the STI’s sideways range. The DIs are currently neutral.

These indicators suggest that the STI may not be able to stage a clear break above the 3,220 to 3,222 level in the near term despite its recent rebound. The original break above the narrow 3,071 to 3,118 range in the week of Mar 15-19 still remains valid as does the upside of 3,368 to 3,377 but this may take a longer time frame to achieve.

e77c57-983-RT-2.jpg

55 minutes ago, Homelander said:

image.thumb.png.460b00a0091be5f066b2ab0f592c0357.png

He became CEO in 2017....look, $3.50 become $1.50...

22 minutes ago, meng.huat said:

there was a period, each share was less than $1... cheaper than Wanbao!!

19 minutes ago, aaur4man said:

I wonder if it will become cheaper than pangsai zhua

if lao tiko me remember correctly, sph was more than sgd10/share ex-spilt in the early1990s.

many kumgong funds actually bot in for the dividends in 2005 but most likely lost their shirts.

wahahahahahhaha

https://investmentmoats.com/money-management/high-yield-investing-money-management/singapore-press-holdings-sph-jan-2002-to-jan-2012-total-returns/

https://patiencemarketzone.blogspot.com/2019/07/sph-all-times-low-since-1998.html

image.jpeg.8da23d54205333bf908a943fa2a73c80.jpeg

Edited by socrates469bc
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

if lao tiko me remember correctly, sph was more than sgd10/share ex-spilt in the early1990s.

many kumgong funds actually bot in for the dividends in 2005 but most likely lost their shirts.

wahahahahahhaha

https://investmentmoats.com/money-management/high-yield-investing-money-management/singapore-press-holdings-sph-jan-2002-to-jan-2012-total-returns/

https://patiencemarketzone.blogspot.com/2019/07/sph-all-times-low-since-1998.html

image.jpeg.8da23d54205333bf908a943fa2a73c80.jpeg

Nv hear of this before?

No need to tell which one we choose.

top the list highly educated but 0 knowledge on the related field

Or 

Educated or lacking of education but tons and tons of on field , experience knowledge  on the field, someit who work from the bottom all the way up

Like in a real life case is Frank Abagnale very highly skilled still can work for FBI. They know a the different between yes men Vs skilled men

If here no such thing

Edited by The_King
  • Wahaha 2

I just dont get it!

These Parachute Generals Heading Sg companies & running it to the grave!  Look at our Xia xuay chan, u know their condescending attitude!

Isnt answer all (even hard) questions their professional responsibility as a CEO to all the shareholders???!!!! ##

If i am there i will ask him to respond to the question & dont "chee chee Y Y" and deflect the question! 

The shareholders who is paying his salary Will Take Umbrage to his incompetency! 

What a DICK! :facepalm:

This is why many foreign CXO see sinkies no up!!  :curse:

## @socrates469bc U probably attended many AGMs, will u "Hoot" this dick and take Umbrage for such lame excuse!! 

Edited by Bigbird
  • Wahaha 2

10 hours ago, Bigbird said:

I just dont get it!

These Parachute Generals Heading Sg companies & running it to the grave!  Look at our Xia xuay chan, u know their condescending attitude!

Isnt answer all (even hard) questions their professional responsibility as a CEO to all the shareholders???!!!! ##

If i am there i will ask him to respond to the question & dont "chee chee Y Y" and deflect the question! 

The shareholders who is paying his salary Will Take Umbrage to his incompetency! 

What a DICK! :facepalm:

This is why many foreign CXO see sinkies no up!!  :curse:

## @socrates469bc U probably attended many AGMs, will u "Hoot" this dick and take Umbrage for such lame excuse!! 

i dont buy cibai stocks like sph.

i only buy stocks like......

Please sign in or sign up for an account to view this content.

actually, i see worse stocks than sph.......

i now waiting for temasek to parachute General bui bui to dismember this company.

Edited by socrates469bc
  • Wahaha 4