The Heritage Chicken Rice Store, Yet Con has quietly closed down at Purvis St

The_King

quietly-closed-down-at-Purvis-St.jpg

The Heritage Chicken Rice Store, Yet Con has quietly closed down at Purvis St

90376823_2645507845684648_58187848375064

For those who always loved Hainanese chicken rice would know the name of Yet Con (逸群海南鸡饭店), but sadly they are no longer operating and the eatery’s store shuttered and their Google status is also permanently marked as closed. The Hainanese chicken rice store which is located along Purvis Street has stopped operation temporarily in August 2020 with the reason cited which included the demise of its chef in charge at the end of 2019 and as well as the Covid-19 pandemic.

However, the doors appeared to be locked till year-end and a brief survey suggested that the store struggled and eventually closed doors due to poor business. It also rumoured the Hainanese chicken rice store had been facing issue with finding a successor and had been in discussion with stakeholders regarding its future which is unclear.

1.jpg 11.jpg

https://sg.everydayonsales.com/news/40289/the-heritage-chicken-rice-store-yet-con-has-quietly-closed-down-at-purvis-st/#:~:

• Sad 1

Sad to see hainanese shops closing down....

More sad to see less hainanese people who can speak hainanese dialect.

When i went to hainan to rediscover my roots, most people there thought i bluff them when i said i'm a singaporean. They felt surprized that i could speak fluent hainanese despite my age.

• wtf 1